Adams Euronymph Mono Line

I have no experience with that material, but TBH, I'd save yourself the money and go with Maxima Chameleon or Amnesia. For that matter, you could even use Stren or other mono. No sense getting carried away with but material for Euro/nymphing leaders when the working end (after the butt) is doing all the work. Here's a good article from Troutbitten on mono rig butt materials.

Last edited:
I am planning on trying to shift to a microleader butt section on my monorig nymphing set up. I have heard good things about the attached white mono for this purpose. Does anyone here have experience with this material for standard monorig nymphing leaders or microleaders?

https://adamsflyrods.com/product/adams-euro-nymph-mono-li
i was going to buy this after reaching out to them about the different diameters offered but i thought it was a mono that was coated… after switching to a specific mono rig just with maxima i miss the feeling of an actual fly line and having to manage that compared to just maxima

if you do get it though, i am not sure where you were planning on getting it from the companies website or not but i saw tacticalflyfisher has it in stock

I have pretty much shifted to OPST Lazer Line as my butt section. I like the improved resistance to coiling relative to Chameleon and the bright color makes it easier to see, this is true even though I am mainly looking at the sighter near the water.

I am going to be trying a microleader which will be level line. (4X) for the entire leader until the tippet. Having a material that is visible is needed. I am hoping that the Adams will fill that need. I will also use one of the sighter marker pens to color the Adams leader near the tippet ring/tippet attachment. I’ll see how well this works.

Thanks for the tip on where to get the Adams in the US. I have ordered it from Tactical Flyfisher.

Adams line is great leader material. To me it’s a lot like pezon and michel, just comes in that white color.

I bought some and I’m currently using it. It cast well and is strong with no line memory. You will need to either buy the indicator marker also for your sighter or just and your own sighter. Maxima is too stiff for a micro leader in my opinion. You can also try Pierre sempe. You can find both at tactical fly fisher. I currently use both in .18mm. If you want to learn more about micro leaders and casting the micro leader check out Old Dominion Trout Bum on YouTube. Hope this helps

I purchased to Adams spools, a 1 and 4X. My 1X leader is 30 feet of 1X Adams, 3 feet of 2X Soldarini 2X tricolor sighter, tippet ring, then tippet of choice and length below. The 4X leader is 30 feet of 4X, 3 feet of 4X Soldarini tricolor sighter. I have only fished the 1X Adams leader so far. I don’t have much experience casting and fishing leader this thin so I don’t have a point of comparison. It cast reasonably well, though it did require better backcasting technique in my hands than the stiffer butt sections I normally fish. Where I thought it out fished the stiffer leaders was in sensitivity. I felt I could see more subtle takes, and the feel through the line helped me be able to distinguish bottom structure better than the stiffer lines. I also though it sagged less that allowed me to fish at a little greater distance when wading conditions required it.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

I purchased to Adams spools, a 1 and 4X. My 1X leader is 30 feet of 1X Adams, 3 feet of 2X Soldarini 2X tricolor sighter, tippet ring, then tippet of choice and length below. The 4X leader is 30 feet of 4X, 3 feet of 4X Soldarini tricolor sighter. I have only fished the 1X Adams leader so far. I don’t have much experience casting and fishing leader this thin so I don’t have a point of comparison. It cast reasonably well, though it did require better backcasting technique in my hands than the stiffer butt sections I normally fish. Where I thought it out fished the stiffer leaders was in sensitivity. I felt I could see more subtle takes, and the feel through the line helped me be able to distinguish bottom structure better than the stiffer lines. I also though it sagged less that allowed me to fish at a little greater distance when wading conditions required it.

Thanks all for your thoughts.
Hey NetWork -

Any update on the Adams line? I just watched a Devin Olsen video where he was talking about using it, and am thinking about giving it a go. I moved from a tapered euro leader to a straight maxima mono rig 2 years ago, and that made a bit difference in sensitivity. now I'm thinking about taking the next step and try out something 'micro'....

I continue to use and like the 1X Adams leader. I am fishing it on a 10’ 2 wt, and haven’t tried it on any other rod. I am able to cast it with a standard fly line type cast, and also to get a good tuck cast with it on this rod. I haven’t tried to fish the 4X level Adams leader to date. When I watch Devin’s videos, it appears that he uses a water loaded cast for this microleader.

So, right now, I switch between the 1X Adams and a more standard 20 lb butt section leader, OPST or Maxima, depending on the rod and how I plan to fish for the day.

Back