Access to Penn's Creek

mtelesha

mtelesha

I have never fished Penn's Creek and I have been looking at where there is legal parking down stream of Coburn. I am hoping that the flow will get to safe to wade soon (I heard 450 cfs is the border line for safety). I just can't find information on where to park.

Marc

If you drive down the road below Coburn, all the land along there is privately owned land.

To get access on publicly owned land, drive to Poe Paddy State Park.

Or drive to the PFBC access area upstream from Cherry Run, a few miles upstream from Weikert. Park there and fish upstream.

Thank you for that information. Greatly appreciated.

I have to say growing up fishing Connecticut and New York water PA has the nicest fishermen I have ever meet. My nephew in his 30s said the same thing this week.

Marc

mtelesha wrote:
I have to say growing up fishing Connecticut and New York water PA has the nicest fishermen I have ever meet. My nephew in his 30s said the same thing this week.

Marc

That's a funny observation. From my experience, the further west you go, people become much more polite and thoughtful. Ending, and for the most part reversing somewhat when you hit the west coast. From my experience Montana has some of the most polite and thoughtful people in the nation. PA people would only be considered nice when compared to people from NY or NJ.

Quote:

mtelesha wrote:

Marc

That's a funny observation. From my experience, the further west you go, people become much more polite and thoughtful. Ending, and for the most part reversing somewhat when you hit the west coast. From my experience Montana has some of the most polite and thoughtful people in the nation. PA people would only be considered nice when compared to people from NY or NJ.

IMO Attila the Hun would be considered nice when compared to most people from NYC or NJ.

I went to Penn Creek Angler Fly Shop (Most Practical Fly Shop I ever have been to) He had the patterns that went with the 10 hatches going on and was very helpful. Green Drake (Size 4 and 6) and Cahill (Size 10) was happening and me and my friend got 9 trout with two between 16 and 18 inches. It was an epic day.

Everyone was helpful and kind there on the site and will certainly go back. I think Penn's Creek is the most amazing bug stream I have ever seen. Everything was 50% to 100% bigger then anything I have ever seen. I flipped over a rock and it was covered with caddis and stone flies.

I was perplexed because the whole river looked fishy and there were spots for a trout to keep out of the current every 5 feet.

Back