Abel Pt. 5 Big Game Reels and Spools

mt_flyfisher

mt_flyfisher

Abel Pt. 5 Big Game reels have been my go-to reel for much of my trout fishing for many years. Pt. 5’s will comfortably handle lines and backing, and balance rods, ranging from 3 wt to 5 wt.

I’ve owned 5 Abel Big Game Pt. 5’s over the years. I have caught many small beautiful native brook trout while using Pt. 5’s, I caught one of my best brown trout ever on a Pt. 5 that took me well into the backing several times before I landed it (a 28” Montana brown), have caught many more trout while using Pt. 5’s and have never had a single reel failure.

I have 2 Abel Pt. 5’s and 2 extra spools now, and I’m thinking of parting with one of these reels and one extra spool, in order buy an extra spool for another Abel reel that I have. (The extra spool for that reel is going to cost nearly $1000 - don’t tell me, I know that’s crazy!)

One of these Pt. 5 reels has a black gloss finish and the other has a mat black finish. Both extra spools have the gloss black finish. The gloss finish reel has 3 very small marks on the outer edge of the reel frame in one area, and the mat finish reel is nearly perfect in appearance, as are the extra spools. All are all in excellent working condition.

These are left hand wind reels with rosewood handles. I may have a couple ebony handles if you’d prefer that color, and the reels, but not the extra spools, can come with an Abel Pt. 5 box and all original papers.

I would like $250 for either reel, and $100 for an extra spool, of your choosing. I also have several extra lines ranging from 3 to 5 wt, used but in excellent condition, that I will include with the reels and spools, with backing - you can choose from among those that I have - so they will be ready to fish. Shipping is included in the price, if required. (I am located in Lancaster County, PA now and could arrange personal delivery nearby.)

(The reels have Abel reel cases, but the extra spools do not have Abel cases - I have new neoprene or new Fishpond cases for them - your choice.)

Email me at silverhilton2@comcast.net if interested, or with any questions. I can also email pictures of them to you.

Thanks, John

I sold one of these reels, but still have an extra spool for sale if anyone would like one.

John

I no longer have any pt.5 spools for sale. This ad can be deleted.

Back