A Special Night for a Special Man

R

rrt

This evening I was privileged to attend the rededication banquet of the local TU chapter. This was a celebration of the renaming of the chapter as the John Kennedy Chapter of Blair County TU. Kennedy has been a special coldwater conservationist for forever and has done many things to promote fly-fishing and stream conservation, not only locally but statewide. At a time when evil emperors and their ilk are ruining things, it is reassuring to know that people like Kennedy are battling for stream rehabilitation and all that goes with it. I am glad that I became active as a member of this chapter with John Kennedy as an active member who guided the chapter. He is a special man that many of us owe much to, and the night was a special one. I hope you have people like John Kennedy in your areas.

Rich:

That's wonderful news and well deserved.

My best to John. I really enjoyed serving on Council with him back in the day. Plain spoken and tireless advocates for the resource like John Kennedy are too few and far between these days.

Really good news..

Bob Petri

You can never have too many good guys. My experience is these types of guys are the last people that want any recognition. He must be very humbled. Good job and congratulations to John and your chapter. Paul

The great thing about TU is meeting the people and groups that show you what is possible. And how folks can make a difference in their communities. I glad to hear you found one!

Thanks for that Rich, John is a great guy, darn I would have liked to have been there.

Back