A PA FlyFisher Reconnect- The Hat Speaks

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

I was fishing my home creek (Codorus) a few weeks ago. I got back to my car and saw a guy in the creek fishing and asked him how he was making out. Not only did he tell me, he climbed up the bank and we started talking about techniques. He was standing next to his car with Virginia plates. I then notice his "PA Flyfisher" hat and asked him if he was a member. He said yes and introduced himself. "Will Mudge". I said, wow, I met you and your father at the Jam in about 2003, Hemlock Acres! Over 15 years! He remembered me too. That was back when we had maybe 20 or 30 people. My first was 2001 and I think we had about a dozen.

Cool story!

This is a nice reminder that PAFF is a community and,like other communities, some folks drift away or come back after a hiatus.
I've bumped into quite a few PAFFers while out fishing. Sometimes I've seen the hat or a bumper sticker.

Our favorite place out of the water. . . and when we're on the water, we can connect too - or even re-connect after many years.

Thanks for this MD_Gene.

Great story. I love stories that make you feel good.

Whenever I suspect a fellow fly angler to be a part of our community, I always ask and introduce myself as Jack M. I don't have the time to recount all the various reactions I get.

Mr Mudge.

Gene I'm at Codorus often, I'll look out for you

And yesterday I was in a conversation with Rudy at Hemlock Acres about cutting down some trees and the reference to the location of one of the trees was the prior Mudge camper/cabin. Crazy....

Back