a little question about a carp fly

nealfish

nealfish

ive been hearing a bunch of cicadas around, and i believe that a cicada pattern can be used to catch carp, anybody have any luck with this?
i might be able to get out for an hour or two to a spot with a fishing friend of mine, would love to get him his first carp. depending on the sop the water is from about 2 ft to 5 foot deep, many carp have been sited in both spots and ive hooked into one at each spot on a crawfish and a bugger, but it would be sweet to see some top water. and they are lakes/ponds, not rivers.

t's just a matter of timing that will be the challenge. I got a nice 3-4 lber this year with a topwater popper.

Absolutely.... and this is the year for it. I was on Raystown Lake 17 years ago watching them hoover them off of the surface... It was epic. To Penny's point, timing truly is everything. If carp are not currently feeding on top, it is hard to induce a rise. Events like spinner falls, cottonwood seeds, mulberry's, etc.... can all bring them up top. The sad truth is that 98% of the time it is a bottom game rather than a top. Good luck!

Back