A good man has left us

B

blkpowder

For everyone familiar with Yellow Creek and its keeper,Fred Sherlock. Please extend your prayers for Fred and his family. Fred left us this past Tuesday. He’s in fishermen's heaven now.

May have run in to him on the stream once. Regardless, much appreciation for all he did for Yellow Creek. May he rest in peace.

I fished Yellow quite a bit when I lived in PA, and I have fond fishing memories there. I'm sad to hear of Fred's passing.

My condolences to his family.

Ah, that is sad news. He will be missed.

Sat in his garage with him and Randy Buchanan more than once talking fishing and other stuff. Sorry to hear that he passed.

Old Fred had a sign on his house - right along the creek - that said "If you're lucky enough to live on the water, you're lucky enough"
And I always thought how lucky he was indeed, to live beside that beautiful limestoner.

I always enjoyed chatting with him, while keeping an eye out for risers.
He did so many good things for that stream - I always referred to him as the river keeper.
He will truly be missed

If you parked in the lot in April-June ,you most likely ran into Fred as he handed out flyers for the Yellow Creek coalition. Always appreciate the landowners generosity. Sad to hear the news.

Did he have to white long beard?

Redfin wrote:
Did he have to white long beard?

No - that would be Charlie. He's another generous landowner - who lives on the upper end of the FF section.
I often ran into he and Fred working on the road leading to the parking lot, or doing other projects along the stream

Cheers Sir - seems like he tried to live life right. I had the pleasure of having met him several times.

Sorry to lose him. I enjoyed many hours at Fred's"petting zoo" as I liked to refer to it. May he rest in peace.

So sorry to hear of Fred's passing. A true gentleman and so devoted to his beloved Yellow Creek

albatross wrote:
Sorry to lose him. I enjoyed many hours at Fred's"petting zoo" as I liked to refer to it. May he rest in peace.

After time,Fred would let me help myself to the puppy chow for the fish. I would only do so after I had taken someone fishing and they had thoroughly fished what I called,Fred’s section. Every time,I would ask who ever I had in that section,how many do you see or how many fish do they think is in that run. Then I would toss the chow and the look on the other anglers face when fish exploded out of the water before the pellets even hit the water. Priceless! lol

zenriver wrote:
So sorry to hear of Fred's passing. A true gentleman and so devoted to his beloved Yellow Creek

He really did care! If you haven’t been on that stream for a while,my buddy who lives near Fred has been doing some stream work to improve some sections. The last two years,mostly right at Fred’s. Fred had arranged for a small crew of young adults from adelphoi correctional facility come down and my buddy supervised the work. Fred just praised those young men over and over.

Back