A Box for PA - Sept & Oct

UncleShorty

UncleShorty

I've decided enough is enough and am driving to PA to fish from mid-Sep to mid-Oct. I'll be concentrating on Bedford, Lycoming, Clearfield, Centre, Cambria, Blair & Huntingdon counties.

I've been at the bench for months and months. I've got lots of bucktails, clousers and wooly buggers in all sizes and colors. I've got ants and beetles along with beaucoup soft hackles and nymphs.

Am I armed up for battle? What would you add/delete?

My "home water", even though it's 1500 miles from home, is Yellow Creek, in Bedford County. I read that some of the access has been posted. True/not true? Any details? What a shame if true...

Anyway, if you've got any advice that would help an old man out please post. Thanks...

Parachute ant, Walt's worm, green weenie, iso nymphs...

black caddis, October caddis, blue wing olive, small spinner patterns size 20. some slate drakes, a few sulphurs , and a smile a mile long.

Maxima--570-546-6383. Will be heading to Big Pine, late Sept, Oct.

Camp just below Browns Run about 2 miles above Waterville. Nice place, to get away. Nothing fancy. Loved by many.

Pitch in for electric--$10.00 to $20.00. 10 for a day or 2, 20 for a little longer. a member asked me years ago, bring some leaders. "I love them". So i took a box of over 1000 and asked, "Enough".

Member is gone now but i have a key for the rest of my life. Cabin was given to remaining owner daughter. Met her, she likes me. nice people, really nice people.

Stimulators, size 14, yellow body.

A very good choice on mountain streams when the water is up.

I would highly suggest Maurice flies in 12 & 14.

Maurice flies are simply a brown thread body with a sparse and long mallard or wood duck flank wing ,and grizzly hackle.

I use it as a wet, but you can tye it and fish it dry or damp .

Gray can be as effective as brown .

Back