$99.00 Waterproof Camera @ Ollies

R

RickinPa

Just saw this in the Ollies flier on Sunday 1-17-10 . They are selling Olympus Stylus 550 WP camera for $99.00. Walmart's price is $149.00.This camera is good to 10 ft underwater for 1 hr.
The only downside is it does not come with the memory card. You can pick up a 2 meg card at Walmart for $20.00.

Rick

you can also pick up some really cheap memory cards on ebay for probably around $5. Yeah they come from overseas and are probably put together by 4 year olds, but you get much more memory for the price you pay.

Most Olympus cameras use xD cards, not SD cards, so be careful. There are different types of xD cards - Type H and Type M (and apparently now M+) and some cameras won't support one or the other type (went through this learning experience at work). With the mainstream memory being SD, I'd consider xD a bit of a fringe and it will cost a bit more $$ per GB.

I got an Olympus Stylus 560 WP for Christmas that is almost identical to the 550. Nice camera. I'm very happy with it. Mine came with an adapter that allows me to put a microSD card in the XD memory slot that is built into the camera. I believe this adapter is standard in the 550 too.

My only complaint would be that the controls are small. Difficult to use with the cold fingers I've had fishing since Christmas!

It also will take a burst of video. See my sample photos and video on this thread: http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11351&forum=2

Back