9 mile creek, NY

SBecker

SBecker

Heading up there end of June. I know there are some NY guys here. Hatches, water type, bug life? Any info in appreciated.

Are you going for the comp? I'll be there too. Interested to hear what people say about the water, never fished there but I have have heard it is great.

Vacation, I mean everybody goes to Cuse for vacation, right?

Tons of scuds. Great creek to. 500 trout per acre was reported when I lived up there

It's about 9 miles long.

I live about 20 minutes from ninemile creek. It is loaded with fish. This stream should not be stocked but it is. Scuds are very effective. I use a walts worm when nymphing and that is all I ever need.

Hatches are sparse on ninemile in general but the sulphur hatch can be strong. It will be winding down by the end of june but I would have some nonetheless. I have come across some BWOs in late june early july as well. Isos in the fall too. Midge fishing can be fun as well. PM me when the time gets closer and I may know more what is going on. I don't fish it as much as i used to .

Tne good news about this creek is it stays cold all year no matter the outside temps. Below the town of marcellus it is essentailly a true spring creek. I have never taken a water temp above 60-62 in august.

Beetles and ants are great for this creek too.

mcwillja wrote:
I live about 20 minutes from ninemile creek. It is loaded with fish. This stream should not be stocked but it is. Scuds are very effective. I use a walts worm when nymphing and that is all I ever need.

Hatches are sparse on ninemile in general but the sulphur hatch can be strong. It will be winding down by the end of june but I would have some nonetheless. I have come across some BWOs in late june early july as well. Isos in the fall too. Midge fishing can be fun as well. PM me when the time gets closer and I may know more what is going on. I don't fish it as much as i used to .

Tne good news about this creek is it stays cold all year no matter the outside temps. Below the town of marcellus it is essentailly a true spring creek. I have never taken a water temp above 60-62 in august.

Beetles and ants are great for this creek too.

Thanks Mc! I have heard scuds or WW's are money.

Similar To Spring CreekSize Wisee But Heavily Stocked And The Hatches Arent As Good. Fish It The Same Way Youd Fish Spring Creek.

Appreciate it Moon.

Back