7$@*^%!(*$

F

FDH

Knocked my tying sissors onto the floor, of course they stuck in the tile floor point first. They wern't that great anyhow so I'll not mention the name, but it's still frustrating as I'm sure some of you know.

Obviously I need to get a new pair, so who makes the best, high quality sissors and where is the best place to get them ? Your thoughts will be appreciated.

FDH

I like the Anvil scissors I have. They seem to last longer than the Dr. Slick ones i have had. I bought mine at Thornes. http://www.thornesmanufacturing.com/ They have great prices on other thing too.

I'm with Mr. Bill on this one. The Anvil scissors are the most comfortable for me to tie with if I keep them in my hand.

Of course, if you just HAVE to have the very best, there's these. :-o

here's some on sale

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4302,87964_Dr-Slick-Bent-Shaft-Scissors-3-½-Fly-Fishing.html

The ones i have the best time with are German made and were bought at orvis shops but not under the orvis name.

Thanks for your thoughts, but I'll probably pass on the $275.00 choice. :)

FDH

dr slick ceramics...got them as a gift and like them.

I JUST GOT A PARE OF TIEMCO'S THAT ARE VERY NICE.
THEY ARE VERY SHARP.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Of course, if you just HAVE to have the very best, there's these. :-o

For $275, it'd better come with a Sri Lankan worker who ties the flies for me.

pmccardell wrote:
I JUST GOT A PARE OF TIEMCO'S THAT ARE VERY NICE.
THEY ARE VERY SHARP.

I own scissors from serveral company's and my 2 best are Tiemco's and Kershaw Skeeter Fly Tying Scissors Md: 1210 .
I would say the best over all is the Kershaw

my favorite scissors for tying are fiskars embroidery ones.they are relatively inexpensive and available all over the place.

I get em from a doctor. Not sure on the brand, but they are razor sharp.

Fredrick I did not know Kersaw made Tying Scissors. I have several of there knives. If those scissors keep an edge like there knives they will stay sharp for a long time.

Fred.....i'd be interested in checking out Kershaw scissors they are a long time knife maker , but the best scissors for tying that i ever found are german made , probly surgical , they cost $40.00 and i tie in my basement by the woodburner (used constantly lately) i've dropped those 1000 times and they go right back at it , seriously buddy check out German made surgical scissors.

Shakey....i use Fiskars on my whiskers.

Back