5ringsbl and GG TampaBay Trip

gulfgreyhound

gulfgreyhound

Last month 5ringsbl and I made what probably will become an annual trip in pursuit of shallow water species. This year we opted to charter a trip out of St. Petersburg with Captain Pat Damico of Fly Guy Charters. Pat is a native of Hazelton, Pa. and has become one of the go to Guides for fly fishing in lower Tampa Bay.
November is traditionally a transition month in Florida as cold front manage to push south dropping temperatures and chasing fish out of their usual haunts. That was the case on this trip.What started as a Thursday trip was moved to Friday by strong winds and cold air.
Here are a few pictures of our outting. GG

Attachments

• DSC00287.JPG
    DSC00287.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00289.JPG
    DSC00289.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00290.JPG
    DSC00290.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 2
Good stuff!
Wish I could get to FL sometime in the next few months but it's probably not in the cards. Will see - last time I was down in the Keys was 09 so it's time for visit. I thought you had a nice red until I clicked on the pic and saw it was speck.

That was Bobbies trout. The reds were non existent on this trip. Those cold blasts shut fishing down for a few days. The flats fishing has gone nuts over the past 10 or so years. New boats, equipment, Power poles, and more captains chasing skinny water fish. Mirrorolure is located about a long half mile from me and ther do a ton of shallow water lure manufacturing. Suspended baits etc. in all sorts of paterns and colors. GG

I have met Mr. Damico a couple times and he was really nice and gave some really good advice. If I ever get down thay way, I want to get out with him.

Art, thank you for posting this. And you're damn right it will become an annual trip!

Back