50 cent flies at orvis

skiltonian

skiltonian

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_directory_tnail.aspx?dir_id=758&group_id=21390&cat_id=22491&subcat_id=13352

Cool.

I picked up a bunch of em at the Downingtown store a few months ago. They were buy a doz, get a doz free. Plus with their $25 off $50 coupons they send out, it came to less than $.50 a fly

The new fly fishing catalog also has a page that states get 12 free trout flies of your choice at your local Orvis retail store.

The new fly fishing catalog also has a page that states get 12 free trout flies of your choice at your local Orvis retail store.

That could be worth something if one was looking for some big streamers.

Bam, glad to see others stacking the $25 off $50 with sale/discounted items. FYI, when Orvis emails those $25 off $50 they can actually scan the bar code from your smart phone without you having to print them out and waste paper. I know it works for my iPhone anyway.

hummm... I hope I didn't throw my catalog away.

I've been getting a lot of those $25 off 50 coupons snail mail too. Even if you don't have one on you, just let them know and they usually have extras laying around the desk

I like the $25 off $50 from Orvis for AUTHORIZED dealers instead of just the company stores. I get them for TCO, A Sporting Lifestyle and another shop that is not coming to mind right now. They all come on the same day. My guess is that I don't actually get as many in my hand as they mail due to a certain mail/fishing snail mail filter that checks the mail.

I'd love to get them for TCO... any idea what you put your name on to start receiving them? Orvis needs to beef up they're tying section... It's hard to find $50 worth of stuff I need there.

Just ordered a bunch of flies for my trip to Lake Placid next week. Thanks again Skil.

bam wrote:
I'd love to get them for TCO... any idea what you put your name on to start receiving them? Orvis needs to beef up they're tying section... It's hard to find $50 worth of stuff I need there.

Find a friend that needs $25 worth of stuff. Offer him a beer or a free ride to the shop. Grab the $25 worth of tying stuff that you need, and ring the orders up together.

I don't know other than just being a customer there. Now my guess is that you technically should be buying Orvis branded stuff at the authorized dealers, but they don't seem to have a problem commingling items.

As for the company store coupons, Orvis has some pretty decent hooks, especially the over sized eye ones in size 20 and under. They can really save the day on micro flies. There is also a lot of tying materials in those drawers at the Downingtown store. Not sure if one is supposed to be riffling through them but for example they have 10x more tying thread than on display in the drawers below the display.

Oh, and you can order anything out of the catalog that the store does not stock and they will ship it for free. Not sure if you could get your coupon worked in there somehow?

jdaddy wrote:
I don't know other than just being a customer there. Now my guess is that you technically should be buying Orvis branded stuff at the authorized dealers, but they don't seem to have a problem commingling items.

As for the company store coupons, Orvis has some pretty decent hooks, especially the over sized eye ones in size 20 and under. They can really save the day on micro flies. There is also a lot of tying materials in those drawers at the Downingtown store. [color=CC0000]Not sure if one is supposed to be riffling through them but for example they have 10x more tying thread than on display in the drawers below the display. [/color]

Oh, and you can order anything out of the catalog that the store does not stock and they will ship it for free. Not sure if you could get your coupon worked in there somehow?

That's spot burning Dude! That stuff was my private stock! ;-)

I agree with all above, I buy the hooks (with my coupon) very good quality. Also they have never turned me down using my coupon, even with "on sale" items. I have had them ship items not stocked directly to my address for free many times. Finally, if (when) you have return your leaking waders to corp, drop them off at the store and they will ship them back for free.

orvis hooks are really good , stay very sharp and the big eyes are worth their weight in gold for the spinner fall at dark , easier to tie droppers to also ...

Back