303 aerospace prtectant

krayfish

krayfish

Has anyone ever used this? I got a bottle yesterday and haven't tried it out yet. It's a product similar to armor all but quite different from armor all.

It supposed to provide max UV protection w/o being greasy or drying out the plastic, vinyl or rubber.

Use: canoe, kayak, pontoon boat, vehicle, etc. I did also call RIO to see if it can be used on their fly line..."yes but in a diluted form" was the reply. It was brought to my attention by a guide. It's popular out west for guide driftboats and with whitewater companies for protecting their boats / gear.

Any feedback from users? One I use it, I'll post a review.

Kray - Been using it for a couple of years now.

If I'm not mistaken, Orvis used to sell it for fly line treatment. I use it on the tonneau cover on my truck - it's much longer lasting than Armor All for that.

As for using it on fly lines, I did try it. It works OK to make the line shoot better, but it doesn't clean the line much.

I'll stick with Zipcast for my fly lines. It cleans the lines even better than the old soap and water bit, and makes it super slick (for a few hours anyway).

I really like how quick it is to clean/treat a fly line. Just strip the line through a gun cleaning patch with 3 or 4 drops of Zipcast on it, flip the patch, and reel it back in through the patch. Done, and you can fish it immediately.

I'll have some with me at the newbie jam - you can try it to see what you think.

Sounds good Ed. I'll try it. I got this stuff as for the SS Wind Knot. Want to keep the toons from drying out, fading / cracking. Might even put a little on the 'squaremobile'.

krayfish wrote:
It was brought to my attention by a guide.

Rogue?

I haven't tried the stuff. never gone beyond dish soap and water for cleaning then running the line through a cloth with a few drops of SA line dressing. reminds me I need to clean a couple of my current lines.

been using 303 on my kayak for a few years, works really well for that application.

ebroesicke wrote:
been using 303 on my kayak for a few years, works really well for that application.

Same here.

It claims UV block and I've used it on polyethylene boats but I can't say whether it really works or how often one should use it.

Sounds like I made a good purchase. It's pretty expensive stuff! I did find it on eBay from an authorized seller for $19.71 for a 32oz bottle which was much cheaper than any other prices I'd found.

And This is how I have to learn about this stuff? From the internet?

Ok lemme know how it works out on the toon. I was considering something for protection. Is it hypoallergenic? Maybe I could use it on the boat too!? :D

And since its Aerospace; Are you planning another unmanned deployment at high speed?

I witnessed the unmanned deployment from a distance, oops

Spray on, let it sit for a minute and wipe dry. Super uva and ibn protection. I'll send you the link to purchase.

Resolution for 2014...arrive at river with same amount of boat that were tied down before hitting the highway.

Use it on my kayak and canoe - works pretty good - apply it about 2 or 3 times from april to november. Never used it on a fly line.

Just an FYI Kray - Cabelas has it for $22.99 for the 32 oz size.

I bought it on sale for $18 and change at the Hamburg store 2+ years ago. This stuff RULES for use on plastic trim (like mud guards, bumpers, etc) on vehicles. Considering how much of your vehicle exterior is made of that stuff, I'll bet you'll love it.

Considering I haven't washed this thing in 3-4 years, looks like I've made more work for myself. Great.

Back