2016 Mid-Atlantic Fly Casting Championships, June 18.

T

tomitrout

Good Morning All, just a heads up about this year's fly casting comp being hosted by CVTU and the PA Flyfishing Museum at the Heritage Day event at Allenberry Resort. Official press blurb is below, any questions or interest, please shoot me a pm or you can reach us thru the website.

Also, as a warm up, on June 11th in conjunction with a stream clean up of the Letort at Biddle Park in Carlisle, I'll be setting up the course after we break for lunch. So, if you'd like to come out and help clean up a stream for a couple hours then goof around with a bit of casting practice, or just come out and cast, let me know.

---------------
For Immediate Release: Carlisle, PA

The Cumberland Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited will be hosting the Second Annual Mid Atlantic Fly Casting Contest on June 18th, 2016 at the Allenberry Resort in Boiling Springs, PA. The 5-weight fly casting competition is open to all with categories for men, women and youth with adults being split into either the Angler or Expert divisions. Competitors will be challenged by both accuracy and distance tasks with winners determined by the highest combined score. Prizes and awards for the contest are sponsored by Temple Fork Outfitters, producers of some of the finest fishing rods available. The entrance fee is $25 for pre-registration, postmarked by June 11, 2016, or you can sign up the day of the event for $30, youth compete for free! Complete rules and registration forms are be available on CVTU’s website: www.pacvtu.org
The competition will be hosted by the Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Museum in conjunction with their 14th Annual Heritage Day Celebration. The Heritage Day event is a full day of celebrating our fly fishing heritage in the State of Pennsylvania with over 60 venders and exhibitors, hands on demonstrations, special seminars, instruction, raffles, auctions and the always popular Fish Swim Race on the Yellow Breeches for a chance to win $500! More information on Heritage Day is available on the Museum website: www.paflyfishing.org

Back