2012 Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree wrap up

Heritage-Angler

Heritage-Angler

The 2012 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree was held at the Lehigh Gap Nature Center on December 15th.

The event was a great success, and a good time was had by all who attended. It was nice to see lots of old friends, and meet new ones as well.

The purpose of this event was to share tying techniques and patterns, as well as help build the camaraderie of our members, family, friends, and the general public's awareness of paflyfish.

We also held a raffle, with the proceeds being donated to the Lehigh Gap Nature Center. While I didn't count the proceeds, I estimate that several hundred dollars were raised to help this most worthy cause.

I've listed the event sponsors at the bottom of this post, and I'd like to thank each of them for their generous contributions. There were many last minute contributions to the raffle, so please forgive me if I missed listing anyone.

This event couldn't have happened without the extra efforts of a few of our members, and I'd especially like to thank FrequentTyer, whheff, and the guys from Hokendauqua TU for helping to run this event.

I'd also like to offer special thanks to Julie at Riverwalck Saloon for taking care of our dinner after the event.

Please remember to support the businesses that donated to our cause. Each listing is a link that will take you to their respective websites.

Here's the slide show from the day's events:

H.A.

Sponsors List

McConnell's Country Store Fly Shop
J. Stockard Fly Fishing
Flyfisher's Paradise
Allen Flyfishing
Performance Flies
Classic Fly Fisherman
Bass Pro Shop (Harrisburg)

Sponsoring Members

csoult (S.W.P. Custom Tying Bench)
beadhead2
WildTigerTrout
whheff
mooney4
eunanhendron
FrequentTyer
Fishidiot (Limited edition print)
all the tyers that donated their demo ties

Stellar event, Ed. Great job putting the whole thing together. I'm sure everyone on the board appreciates your efforts.

Cheers!......have a great holiday.

H.A.

Thanks for the effort you and everyone else put into this event.

I'm meeting the Moonbeam tomorrow morning for some tying instruction and then we are off to hit the water. Time for more immersion in this addiction called Fly-Fishing.

Back