2011 PAFF Eastern PA Tying Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2011 PAFF Eastern PA Tying Jam was held at the Lehigh Gap Nature Center. This event was unique, in that there were 19 demo tiers that were given 10 minutes each to explain and tie a fly pattern of their choice.

There was also a table set up for beginner tiers. The beginners were instructed in some basic techniques, and had the opportunity to tie green weenies, foam beetles, and also the flies from the demo tiers that provided kits.

Tying flies "in the spotlight" was new to many of these tiers, and while most were nervous, none needed to be so. All of the demo tiers handled their presentations with a lot of skill and style.

My intention in setting this event up was to allow each tier to showcase their skills, share their techniques, and learn tips and tricks from each other. Judging from the response here, and the smiles on their faces, I'd have to say this event was a huge success.

Please keep in mind - I just arranged a place for this to happen. The members that attended provided the magic that ensued. The skills, spirit, and enthusiasm on display at this event was remarkable. Gatherings like this foster goodwill, and promote comaraderie amongst the members of this forum, and all guests.

I'd like to thank all the guys that helped with this event - it couldn't have happened without you. Your generosity was truely impressive.

Special thanks go to the guys from Hokendauqua TU for running the beginner's instruction, especially tony300wby of this forum. One classy guy, and one of the best tiers I've ever met.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Glenn McConnell, owner of McConnell's Country Store/Fly Shop. He donated several hundred dollars of swag for the raffle. His shop has become the gold standard of fly shops in Northcentral PA.

Here's the pictures that I have so far from the event - feel free to send me any pictures you may have of this event, and I'll add them in.

H.A.

JohnnyUtah
It was a great time and I had a great time. It was nice meeting everyone. All very skilled tyers. Thanks to everyone involved especially Ed and Glen. I will certainly attend it next year....If your up for it Ed.

All my Best
Johnny Utah

Last edited:
JohnnyUtah
It was a great time and I had a great time. It was nice meeting everyone. All very skilled tyers. Thanks to everyone involved especially Ed and Glen. I will certainly attend it next year....If your up for it Ed.

All my Best
Johnny Utah

Last edited:
JohnnyUtah

All my Best
Johnny Utah

Last edited:
lv2nymph
Looks like a good time to me, I'd like to try and get to the next one...

Last edited:
lv2nymph

Last edited:
lv2nymph

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back