2011 Fly Fishing Jamboree and Meetup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The JAM will be here before we know it. For those who are debating whether to come or not you really should. It's by far one of the most fun things I've done in a long time. Can't wait till May.

Last edited:
ryguyfi
The JAM will be here before we know it. For those who are debating whether to come or not you really should. It's by far one of the most fun things I've done in a long time. Can't wait till May.

Last edited:
ryguyfi

Last edited:
M
What gorgeous, studly men you have at the Jamboree!
Missy, Dave's wife (middle-guy)

Last edited:
M

Last edited:
M

Last edited:
DaveKile
guys.jpg
One of the most intriguing things for me about Paflyfish was the early meet ups that took place. Early on I considered the Internet to be an informative, but faceless place. I soon realized that many took advantage of the site to get together for many of their fly fishing trips.

I was contacted at one point in the early years by some of the members of the board that there was a number of people getting together for a Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Jamboree in the spring and did I want to attend. Well over the years the jamboree has continued and grown. To the point now that I would even call it an exclusive Pennsylvania event with people coming from Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida.

This year is no exception and members on the forum are making plans to meet the weekend of May 20-21 at Seven Mountains Campground in Spring Mills, Pennsylvania. Please contact them if you would like to stay there that weekend.

Friday, May 20th
Jam attendees often start arriving throughout the day if they haven't arrived earlier in the week. We don't have use of the pavilion until 300 PM on Friday, when some Jamboree attendees will be pitching in to set up the pavilion for a convenient central location for meeting and events. Stop by after 3:00PM to help or meet others trying to get back out on the water.

Throughout the weekend, the pavilion is available for use as a staging or meeting area.

Fire Ring at the pavilion around dark

Fly Tying Marathon - All fly tyers are encouraged to bring their tying stuff to the pavilion to share their patterns and tying techniques.

Live Fly Swap(tentative) – (Does any member wish to organize this?)Members tie and exchange flies at the Jam and guaranteed fish. Participants signed up are: well, who are you?

Saturday, May 21st
Coffee 6-9am available at the pavilion

Casting Demos 9-10am at the pavilion. If you’re a beginner or an intermediate caster looking to improve or learn some new tricks, show up with your rod in hand! If you’re an expert, share your skill. Just show up with your rod at the pavilion.

Fire Ring at the pavilion around dark

Fly Tying Marathon - All fly tyers are encouraged to bring their tying stuff to the pavilion to share their patterns and tying techniques.

Talking Fly Fishing - Hopefully we can get an entertaining speaker for Saturday night. Dave can come again, if he would be so kind, or maybe split up the local flyshops.

Live Entertainment! - Last year we tried to create The PAFF Band (under the impromptu choreography of JackM) to crank out some great tunes for all to enjoy. as it turned out, I didn't make decent arrangements and instead we enjoyed the improvisation of several of our members, including the inimitable Shakey. If we could get him and the rest of the gang to come and volunteer, we'll do it all over again this time. If you'd like to join the band or just put in a solo performance, just bring your instrument and/or voice and let 'er rip. Quiet hours may be a factor. If we get all the sites booked for seven Mountains, perhaps they'll extend them for us.

Sunday, May 23rd
Coffee 6-9am available at the pavilion

More details will be added to this post.
This is a new location, but still puts us right in the middle of some of the best fly fishing in the state. Streams like Penns Creek, Spring Creek, Spruce Creek, Little Juanita and Fishing Creek are all within an hour of the campground.

In addition to the expected fly fishing opportunities authors, fly shop owners, and other experts are usually in attendance and provide a lot of great knowledge at the evening gathers.

D
Is there anything special I need to bring to the Jam, you know, besides flies, a rod, tent and bag? This will be my first and possibly only jam since I move to Tennessee on Monday or Wednesday after the Jam.

Last edited:
D
Is there anything special I need to bring to the Jam, you know, besides flies, a rod, tent and bag? This will be my first and possibly only jam since I move to Tennessee on Monday or Wednesday after the Jam.

Last edited:
D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back