2007 PAFF Fly Swap / Call for Participants

Bruno

Bruno

Greetings:

This is a call for participants for 2007 PAFF Fly Swap. All are welcome to join in the fun. I am going to provide my services as I am nursing a bum leg need something to do other than drink beer all winter. Deadline for participants to join in the fun Wednesday , DECEMBER 20th, 2006.

We already have three tyers. JackM, FlyDog and Myself

Jack M has graciously provided me with the “official” rules of the game. This format has worked in the past so I will be working the swap in the same fashion. . I will send each participant a final version the rules when we have a complete head count. Please post and or email me if you want to participate.

I would ask that each participant provide me with an email addy to facilitate communication.

Please feel free to email me mattyb15601@yahoo.com or PM me here at PAFF

Thanks, I look forward to having some fun.

Matt “ Bruno” Byrne

==================================

2007 PAFF Fly Swap Official Rules:
==================================

A) The total number of participants is to be determined. So everyone should receive x # flies. Also, an optional extra fly may be tied for Dave Kile. Dave runs the PAFF site.

B) The deadline for sending flies is Jan 31, 2005. Please try to be mindful of this date. The anticipation of seeing all the creations is high and late tyers cause stress. If you experience difficulties, please contact me at my email address. A short delay isn't so bad if everyone is informed. I expect to ship all packages before Feb. 15, unless there's an unforeseen delay that everyone can live with.

C) Please send your flies to:

D) Flies will be returned in the containers they were mailed in, if possible. Keep in mind that the other flies may be larger than yours, so make your container large enough to handle that possibility. Please include either a stamped return envelope or postage. Whatever it costs to mail to me, it will cost me at least that to return, so match the postage. It is ok to combine your shipment with another tier, I will return the flies in the same manner I receive them.

E) It is nice to provide the other tyers with the fly pattern recipe, instructions, etc. At a bare minimum, provide the materials list for each part (e.g.: Hook: #14; Thread: brown; Tail: Medium Dun Hackle; etc...); preferably, give the recipe, step-by-step instructions, and a short explanation of the use of the fly, it's history, if you want, etc. If possible, e- mail the instructions/ Pictures to me so I can cut and paste them and send them out to everyone when the flies go out. This also facilitates putting together the swap page. Jack M. has volunteered to host the swap page with flies from this swap.

Matt -- sent you an email. im interested in the fly swap

Bruno;
Count me in. Will be back from Alta & the Provo next week.

Alta is my favorite. If you have never been to the Cotton Bottom go. It is at the bottom on the Canyon. Stop after a day at Alta.

Garlic Burger

Cotton Bottom Inn
2820 E 6200 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84121-2320View Map
(801) 273-9830

Ok,

I will participate in this year's fly swap. :-D

Miro

I'm in...

Matt,

Keep me posted...

Dave

Bruno,
I am sure an update on the fly swap is posted somewhere but I can't find it...
Is the swap closed? How many tyers are in this years swap? Is there a list of tyer and what they are tying?
If this information is alreay posted, please help me find it.

Flydog :

Check your email

I sent you an email with the fly recipe. Let me know if you get it.
My puter was being weird when I sent so I don't know if it really went. Flies are going out tomorrow.

Tom

The flies look good!! Can't wait to see all the recipes to tie up a few.
Chris

Got my flies today.....Let's get'um wet!
Thanks Bruno for hosting this years swap! And Thanks to everyone. Great Job!

Bruno:
Got the flies yesterday, thanks for hosting the swap. Thanks to everyone else, great looking tye's. Try them next week.

Tight Lines, Harry

Back