10 Ft Nymph rod

salmo

salmo

My buddy is hoping to try some Euro-nymphing. He's on a tight budget and is hoping to pick up a 10ft 3wt rod under $150.00. The new stuff on Ebay and Amazon gets pretty poor reviews. Anyone have an older rod that is still serviceable? Please let me know. PM if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most "good" euro rods are in the $250 plus range but that being said check the second hand places like facebook groups for a used one. Lot's of good deals out there to be found. There are some "heavy" euro rods out there too so be careful he doesn't spend his money on a rod that really doesn't do the job that he wants it to do very well.

Thanks for your input. What is your opinion of the Syndicate rods?

Seeing they're a competitor of mine I'll be as unbiased as possible.

Syndicate, Cortland and Thomas and Thomas are probably the top 3 manufacturers in terms of quality of nymphing rods out there right now. They have a range of products in different prices that perform at the top of the lists out there.

syndicate is phenomenal entry level rod

Seeing they're a competitor of mine I'll be as unbiased as possible.

Syndicate, Cortland and Thomas and Thomas are probably the top 3 manufacturers in terms of quality of nymphing rods out there right now. They have a range of products in different prices that perform at the top of the lists out there.
Forgot Sage. I will take a Sage One 10ft 4wt over ANY of the other rods, and I have fished most. Absolutely does it all. Not for $150 though lol

Back