10 AM to 2PM

L

Lkyboots

I've been retired for 14 years and have lots of free time. My favorite Trout fishing is between 10AM and 2PM on weekdays. Even the streams that get pounded are empty and usually I have the whole stream to myself. I'm not sure if those are the best hours to catch Trout but it works for me.

What time of day do you usually catch the most Trout?

Depends on the season. If the water is still cold, I find that I can catch more trout in the afternoon.As the water warms up then it can become hatch dependent for me. Some days I'll fish in the morning, afternoon,of evening; all depending on what is hatching at the time.

I have confidence in the evening however and that is the time I mostly fish, so I'd say the evening is most productive for myself.

Generally speaking, evening for me as well. 7-9 pm.

Though I’m usually putting a toddler to bed during those times, so the times I fish most are 12-2 pm (i.e. nap time). I mostly do quite terribly in that window.

One of my favorite casting strokes as well.

I like late afternoon to early evening best. I don't keep a journal or anything like some people, but I'd say I catch the most as the Sun is going down. Things can go from almost dead to explosive for a half hour or so. Then it's too dark for me to even try fishing.

I've found that on bright sunny days, the Fish can shut down in the afternoon. That is why I found early morning and late evening to be the best time to fish.

Half hour before sun up to half hour after sunset :-D

Any time I can get out is always my best time of the day. its like the stolen hours of the day.

I refuse to wake up early to go fishing. Maybe once per year.

It doesn’t take me long to get ready so once I decide I’m going I go. 10, noon, evening; that’s when I go. Whenever I feel like not being lazy I guess.

Back