Cabela's Deluxe Gear Bag

Heritage-Angler

Heritage-Angler

Just thought I'd point this out. I picked one up tonight, and it's really nice. Lots of room and compartments. At $20, it's a steal.

Cabela's Deluxe Gear Bag

If you print out that page and present it when paying, the Cabelas in Hamburg will match the online price.

I got one last year for Christmas and liked it so much I bought another. i use one for carrying my tying gear and the other for general gear.

I think there may be *too* many pockets though, I have lost a few things only to find them a month or two later.

I was looking at buying one of these and was going to start a new topic to ask if anyone had tried it. I did a search and found this thread. I was looking at the Mountiansmith Lumbar Tour, High Sierra Diplomat and the North Face Mountian Lumbar. Trying to keep it under $70... Any luck with any of these?

As for the Cabelas bag, Is this the one you bought?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Deluxe-ChestHip-PackStreamside-Tool-Kit-Combo/1154383.uts?WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Hi Launce - No, that's not the bag I bought. The link still works in my original post from last year.

This gear bag is designed to hold extra fly boxes, gear, and accessories. I use mine to hold my leader building supplies as well. It also holds a rod tube (strapped on) and several reels. Basically, everything but waders, vest, wading jacket, and boots

Lots of room, and has held up well to abuse. Still looks like new.

This isn't designed as a something you carry out wading - it's pretty big. It's a gear bag for your vehicle or boat.

H.A.

Ok. I see. I just it bold and didn't realize it was a link. Thats a nice bag for the price.

You mentioned leader building, I started experimenting with making furled leaders last week out of 4X tippet. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I have my thicker section with four strands and my thinner section at two strands both about 3' long.

It's really hard to get the number of twists right. I overdid it a few times and didnt get nice loops on each end. Tricky stuff.

FYI, this bag is on sale again March 13-24th per a flyer I received in the mail today. I agree with HA, this is a nice bag.

I own 2 one for fly gear and one for my travel in my work truck spinning gear lures

i have one also, seems like they go on sale every now and then, had mine for a couple of yrs now, lots of pockets

I own 3 of the cabelas bags. 1 for fly fishing, 1 for hunting stuff and I just bought one to use as my lunch bag for work.

They are on sale on cabelas.com now. I just ordered one.

Back