first striper on a fly

marcq

marcq

i went out of sea sile Nj with Captain Joe Hughes. He know his stuff. i hooked up to three stripers and landed two. i had many followers and misses. the three bass took on topwater. i would highly recommend Captain he improved my casting.

http://youtu.be/Le789ce3xDE

Awesome...caught my first striper on the fly last spring...nothing like it! Congratulations.

That's awesome, congrats!

looked awesome!!! Congrats

Congrats! Saltwater fish on the fly rod are like nothing else. What a rush!

Next time you're fighting a bigger fish take the butt of your rod and place it directly on your forearm towards your elbow. It'll give you some more leverage. Takes a bit to get used to it but your arm won't tire out as quick if you're catching fish after fish.

btw congrats!

thanks guys it beats catching trout on a wooly bugger and the fish are there year round and dont die. it got me ready for my trip up to martha's vineyard next week.

marc

Now you need to get into some bigger stripers...you've graduated past the schoolies!

Nice going!

Hey when you head to the vineyard keep any eye out for the funny fish - albies and bonito. They could very well be around. The latter definitely as they show earlier than albies.

Check Big Bridge on the road between Oak Bluff and Edgartown or the jetty on the Lobsterville side of Menemsha. Get there early and just cast smally epoxies. Intermediate line, 15# straight mono leader and a fast strip. If the fish have been showing daily either by the number of anglers there, or by seeing the fish pop on the surface here and there. Key is to just throw and keep throwing.... Good luck.

Back