Western MD trip- weird looking brown trout

CenMD4458

CenMD4458

Hello everyone,
I took a trip out to Western MD this past weekend and had a great time. I had the chance to fish the Savage(skunked), upper savage tribs, a couple stocked streams in the area, and a couple spots on the North Branch Potomac. All in all it was a great trip. I did a good amount of brookie fishing and really enjoyed that. I'll post a link below for some pictures of the trip.

http://imgur.com/a/wnr1w

One thing I was hoping to get some opinions on is two strange looking brown trout I caught in a stocked stream, on back to back bow and arrow casts, from the same pool. I have seen the previous threads and debates over "brown or tiger trout?", with people showing browns with strange, elongated spots that are almost like a brookies vermiculations but ultimately many believe these are just strange stocked browns, not tigers. What do you all think about these two? They both had a very distinct blue hue that ran down the middle(lateral line area?) in addition to the striping instead of defined spots. Tell me what you think. Thanks!

ONlz3x3.jpg

9V2cVk2.jpg

STtbG7E.jpg

a5Y40yL.jpg

Pelletheads.

Poor reproductions of fine art.

I agree... Bad genetics in stocked Browns, I have caught a lot of those in the lower portion of the Savage, the N Branch and the put and take area of the upper Savage over the years. They actually turn out rather nice looking, when they hold over and color up a bit in the N Branch.

I am glad you enjoyed your trip!!! Nice report and that area has a special place in my heart. I will be living out there soon, and cannot wait to have all those streams 10 mins down the road

Two of us were on Kettle Creek in northern PA on Monday and we both caught browns with similar markings. There's a lot of them out there like that.

Yeah definitely stocked browns. I live in the area and that's the typical stocked brown you'll get some look even worse and are just weird

Back