NickR

NickR

Date
10/27/2015
Time
9:00 AM
Meet up Location
Riverwalck Saloon 8 Centre Street Parryville, PA

A few of us Lehigh River anglers are extending the offer for you to come join us for a day of fishing on the Lehigh River and then attend the USACE Flow Plan Meeting. We will meet at 9:00 am in the parking lot of Riverwalck Saloon and we will head over to fish the Lehigh until late afternoon. Any other volunteers are welcome to help out.

The meeting afterwards will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Oct. 27 at the Holiday Inn Express in White Haven, Pa. (intersection of Route 940 and Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike). Jake Markezin and Dean Druckenmiller from Lehigh Coldwater Fishery Alliance will get everyone up to speed on current talking points before the meeting so it would be a good idea to arrive by 5:15.

This is an important meeting because it will determine the flows for next year. The Lehigh River could be one of the best trout rivers in the east but it's not going to get there unless more anglers are advocating for an improved flow plan.

Let us know here if you have any questions or would like to attend.

Thanks!

Attachments

• le.jpg
    le.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 19
  • USACE 1.jpg
    USACE 1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 5
Roll call

Nickr
Smike
Lestrout
Trowpa

It's short notice but this is a great idea Nick!

Wish I could join you - good luck and here's wishing for a good turnout.

Fishidiot,

We wish you could join us too. Unfortunately, we just found out about the meeting a few days ago.

In any matter, here is an opportunity for anyone willing to show up in support of the river to not only learn about the river but to contribute to the river in a positive way.

NickR wrote:
This is an important meeting because it will determine the flows for next year. The Lehigh River could be one of the best trout rivers in the east but it's not going to get there unless more anglers are advocating for an improved flow plan.

This.

Unfortunately, tues is the only day I can't swing next week.

Awesome idea to support a great cause, to say the very least. I was hiking (not fishing, sadly) in the gorge yesterday, and was blow away by how low the water was. Hope this goes well, Nick!

Wish I did not have to work. I miss the days where my schedule was basically free to work when I needed to.

Nick:I was going to be in Pulaski on 10/27 with a retired ff friend from MD.I'll reschedule that trip to make the LR Jam and Meeting.

Roll call:

Nickr
Smike
Lestrout
Trowpa
AFISHN
Krayfish2 (Maybe)

Glad you can join us Tom!

A solid maybe, bit I'll have to get there in the afternoon.

Hope you can make it Chaz.

Nickr
Smike
Lestrout
Trowpa
AFISHN
SkyBlue
Krayfish2 (Maybe)
Chaz (Maybe)

I'm not a 'maybe', I'm in. I had to burn a full day of vacation to make it happen though. I'll be up to Jim Thorpe to get my pontoon patched by rafting company......playing golf and then coming to the meeting.

Here's some pics from last week when colors were at peak.

Attachments

• 10-17-15 (3).JPG
    10-17-15 (3).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 4
  • 10-17-15 (6).JPG
    10-17-15 (6).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 10-17-15 (11).JPG
    10-17-15 (11).JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 10-17-15 (20).JPG
    10-17-15 (20).JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Oct 17-15.JPG
    Oct 17-15.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 4
I am looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow on the water for a nice day of fishing and then heading to the Army Corps meeting afterwards... this is exactly the kind of thing needed to get things done.

Get off the junk son.....they call it 'dope' for a reason. LOL I can't see us making them change the releases by having 8 guys show up but it wil at least make them aware there's a fishing community that will stand up. I'm thinking it will take many years nd a lot more guys showing up before the rafters lose some of their ridiculous releases. We can make them aware we exist and that we aren't going away easily.

Im also a maybe but a good maybe. Ill be leaving school around 3:40 so that should put me up there around 5. So everyone will be meeting at 5:15 at the Hotel to go over the details right?

codym21 wrote:
Im also a maybe but a good maybe. Ill be leaving school around 3:40 so that should put me up there around 5. So everyone will be meeting at 5:15 at the Hotel to go over the details right?

Great! Flat brimmers are welcome, too!

Get off the junk son.....they call it 'dope' for a reason. LOL I can't see us making them change the releases by having 8 guys show up but it wil at least make them aware there's a fishing community that will stand up. I'm thinking it will take many years nd a lot more guys showing up before the rafters lose some of their ridiculous releases. We can make them aware we exist and that we aren't going away easily.

I've done a lot more with a lot less. Also the fact that the dam is a goverment agency which must act on public input (doesn't mean they have to do what you ask, but they must provide a level of transparecy as to how they use the input) Freedom of information act is a powerful tool these days.

Looking forward getting out and watching you all chase after some half dead stockers if anything. :-D

Too bad this isn't Thursday, as the 1.5" of rain is going to make things perk up by then.

Weekend float possible. :)

"""Get off the junk son.....they call it 'dope' for a reason. LOL I can't see us making them change the releases by having 8 guys show up but it wil at least make them aware there's a fishing community that will stand up. I'm thinking it will take many years nd a lot more guys showing up before the rafters lose some of their ridiculous releases. We can make them aware we exist and that we aren't going away easily."""

YES, YES, YES... I know every motivational speech starts out full of self doubt, negativity and criticism... check your negativity at the door. I haven't been called son since I played high school football 15 years ago.

Hopefully the meeting gets a good turnout... I know Lehigh Coldwater Fishery Alliance needs all the support it can get. Hopefully we get a few stragglers from this forum.

Ill be there, same Nick
Afishinado ill be there with my flat brim on and my lehigh wading shoes aka Vans lol

Back