Washington county pike or pickerel

nathanazajac

Hello I am looking to target these species in washington county, I am not looking for huge numbers or even honey holes just anybody of water where I have a chance at tying into one of these monsters. Thank you

Pike are in the rivers. That's pretty much the only place I know in Washington county.

You are in the wrong part of the state to find pickerel as they are not very common in the western part of the state. Pike are certainly a lot more common in the western part but I'm not sure about Washington County. The Allegheny River has good numbers of pike but I don't think it extends that far south really and the pike are mainly in the more northern sections of the river. So, basically, I can't be much help. Lol. That one reservoir in Somerset County was mentioned on my pike thread and that shouldn't be too far away from you though.

High point lake I know have tons of pickerel. It is in the western part of PA but not Washington county. Also just a FYI pickerel do not get very big, your monsters are pike and Muskie. For both I would fish the locks on the rivers.

Thanks for the info guys I guess I will be heading to the rivers or maybe high point lake thanks a lot!

Back