Vise advice

flatlander

flatlander

I broke my Dan-vise and have decided that I tie enough to deserve a top of the line vise. I tie a lot of bigger patterns and have started spinning more deer hair (which may have led to the Dan-vise's demise). I've narrowed my choices to the D-K Ult Indexer or the Regal Revolution. I've tied on my friends Barracuda and like the roominess compared to my old vise. I'm not that familiar with the Regal so looking for someone to give me some input.
Thanks.

I have a Regal Vice and love it. Not sure which model it is. I think I paid 139.00 for it. It is the C-clamp Model. Hold any hook size that I have tied from 4's to 24's

I have a Renzetti Traveler vise and I love it. I have owned it for years.

Far from top of the line, but it is a very functional vise.

Search Function there are several lengthy discussions, there is currently one in the fly tying section. Not trying to be a smart@ss

I've had a Renzetti traveler for a few years now and can't complain at all. It has handled anything that I wanted to tie without any problems.

Renzetti Traveler with the cam jaws, also many other attachments you can add. Made in the USA

I own several top end vises,favorite is J-VISE with Damasteel jaws.
My Regal with stainless jaws is a great vise for the money.

I have and HMH and a Regal. I like them both. I have also had an Anvil which is probably the best vise for people on a tight budget.

Back