Upper Bucks Co Surprise

phiendWMD wrote:
I think I'm going to have to start exploring Upper Bucks a little harder.

How does a stream that used to be warm water 20 year turn into a cold water stream?

Trees

FarmerDave wrote:
One kg? No offense but it would take a lot of your typical native brook trout to make 22.2 lbs. Still a nice find. Too bad you have to advertise it now.
Dave, when you went to farming did that cause you to forget your math skills, 1 KG = 2.2 lbs. That's 1 brookie where I fish. LOL

Mike - can't wait to hear about the Berks County stream, I need to get off my butt and start checking those wild brown trout streams in Berks.

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Did some research and think I know what Bucks creek it is BUT can someone PM me to confirm as not to spot burn? Would love for my county to offer some more trout opps so I have spots to go to when time is tight.

It's good to see more waters being added to the Southeast and Bucks. I am pretty sure there are a few more to be found before long.

theres quite a few streams in bucks that hold trout either wild or stockies running up and surviving.. I spent most of my life in bucks and have found such places where you would not a trout could survive. sorry my lips are sealed as to which ones, though chaz might know a few..

Yep, only you and Chaz know of them and nobody else :)

yep theres streams in bucks that havn't seen anyone for years. I even kept a little black book on them.....

Are there trout in Watson creek?

we are not that old yet........beadyhead 2x2 knows a few of them too. I just moved from that area 7 years ago hasn't been that long.....then again your talkin bucks county plow it under and build some more.

Well I'm old enough to have sniff out a lot of them in bucks but still young enough to not have to write them down to remember them.. :-D

Since you left here Sandfly, the building has come to more or less of a halt, which has given the multiple conservation groups time to catch up and dig in while it slowly starts up again.

Someone nuked the local wild rainbow hole here not too long ago, but seems that will not matter as we are working on adding a new restored pure limestoner to the list shortly (and on public land to boot) Another known stream also recently had some milage added to the public domain.
It's a pretty good time to be a trout in Bucks Co, and not to bad to be a FF too..

Are there trout in the Tinicum creek? I drove up the road that's runs parallel to it but it seemed like it was all posted. I haven't even caught a single trout yet.

Generally no. I have heard that on occasion someone has stocked some in the lower end. Have not confirmed this. Stream gets low and warm. A stream with some trout in that area is Paunacussing in the Carversville area. Ask landowner permission.

pcray1231 wrote:
Not since the Indians left.

To be fair, Sandfly and Chaz might be talking about that time frame.

:cool:
No Sandfly is much older than me, i know wnothing of trout in bucks county, except that they used to stock the entire length of Neshaminy Creek and some of it's tributaries. Now you're lucky to catch a terd.

Back