Stripers in the Chesapeake

A

AFISHN

Fished the Honga and Calvert Cliffs,MD Monday and Tuesday..
Despite the winds did well.20+fish a day..only 3 or 4 on a fly rod.
Most 20 -24 inches on light tackle.My partner caught a monster though on a surface plug
If someone can tell me how to post a pic here..I'll post it up here
Thanks

BTW:Heading up to the LR Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to join me

The striper fishing is very good right now. Went out today 5/28 caught many on the fly rod and light tackle. Best fly was white clousers. Fished mostly breakers. Afish how did u make out?

I'm pleased to find this post. I'm going to be in the Fishing Creek/Little Choptank area in mid to late July and was really curious what we'll find there. If there are locals or others with experience in the area, I'd love to know what it will likely be like at that time of year. Do the stripers go all the way up into Fishing Creek or must I head downstream to find them? Will there be flounder in that area or are they way downstream?

Regarding the striper, I had planned on taking my kayaks and baitcasting rods to throw bucktails and swimming baits at them, but I'd really be excited to get them with streamers on the fly gear as well. I know this is a broad request, but I'd appreciate any insight or specific info I can get.

Also, if you have knowledge of the area, will we be able to get blue crabs right at the house on Fishing Creek? What about clams or oysters? Thanks in advance for any and all advice. And yes, by the way, post pictures. ;)

Lower choptank has schoolies all summer. just hit a moving tide and look for holes (boils) or anything that breaks the current. clousers and deceivers in 1-2/0 in whit, or chartreuse and white both with silver flash. poppers early and late work too. spent part of my child hood in that area.

Thanks for the response Sandfly. We're actually staying in the Little Choptank and fairly far upstream (I think we'll actually be in Fishing Creek), so maybe no stripers that far upriver? I don't think I'm taking my 18' boat, so I'll probably be confined to my kayaks or any headboats we might find. I think there's one that runs out of Cambridge and we'll likely take advantage at least once to see what's up.

Post #37 by Luke from Leola was helpful for posting photos.
http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/Open-Forums/Paflyfish-General-Forum/NOTICE--Posting-Links---Pictures/2,2329,0,30,0,0,ASC.html

I host my images on photobucket (cumbersome but works) and used the html link version to post a photo as referenced by Luke.

Back