Sale or Trade: Orvis Hydros Bank Shot 8 wt Floater

hooker-of-men

hooker-of-men

I bought this line recently and used it for the first time today. It's in like new condition - fished for 1.5 hrs and caught one smallie. So, a fish seemed to like it fine, but I do not.

What the Bank Shot does really well is shoot line with just picking up and throwing the head. You can huck a good amount of line with just one quick cast, so I can see how it would be awesome from a boat for taking rapid fire streamer shots while floating.

Unfortunately, I don't fish streamers from a boat on moving water much. I was hoping it would just be fun to fish the line on fast 8 wts that I typically overline. It wasn't that fun for the type of fishing I typically do. Full transparency: What I don't love about it is that you really can't hold much line beyond the heavy head in the air to false cast. Since I more often wade or fish stillwater from a boat and use false casting to gauge distance / aim under brush / etc., the utility of this line is limited for me.

Would sell for $50 shipped (preferably Venmo payment) or, if possible in the very near future, trade for good condition 9 wt line with a standardish taper. I guess I'd potentially be open to tying materials or such as well. Depends on what it is.

Here's a picture of the box, just to clearly convey the line specifics. I'd be happy to take pics of the line, too, if someone is interested; it's just on the reel in my vehicle right now, and I don't feel like going back out tonight.

Last edited:
Back