PAFF Annual Spring Jamboree 2010

D- HA , that "catskill flies" was Andrew before he fell on his face.

He caught the biggest fish I saw that week.

Attachments

• brokefacebrown.jpg
    brokefacebrown.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 3
acristickid wrote:
D- HA , that "catskill flies" was Andrew before he fell on his face.

He caught the biggest fish I saw that week.

Ouch...I forgot about that....he got tore up.

I remember a bachelors party about 20 years ago where a guy walked into a 6' deep culvert. His face looked liek the elephant man in the morning. We were at a farm 45 minutes from any medical care and everyone was trashed so no driving. plus he wouldn't go to the hospital. You cannot hide face wounds.

I am pretty sure Andrew fell on Thursday night, the night we kept Rudy up too late. By the time we got to the pavillion on Friday, Andrew was beginning to heal.

Yep. It was thursday night. I believe that's the night that evan was most active.

I had a blast last year and it's already on my calendar for next. I will hopefully show up early enough on Friday to fish. I'm sure I might have a few other guys tag along. I know Groove wants to come.

Everyone who has any interest in going really should. Meet some nice guys here from the board and fish some fantastic streams. Doesn't get any better than that.

Ryan

I have it on good authority that Andrew will be back again this year. We are comming up Friday (hopefully early enough to fish) and staying after the jam into the following week.

I am definately in.

I might want to car pool with someone from the west.

I will definitely be there this year. I made it out to the Jam in Erie this year and met a few people out there. I am looking forward to meeting a few others.

Rob

I'm gonna try and make this.....have a friend who quit Bethlehem Steel to go live in Glen Iron "AMOS" anyone know him? At the time Geirachs book Trout Bum was coming into popularity , Amos was my idol , i had 2 young girls and a wife and i was pretty dedicated to family then , around 83-84 i'd say it was. What do i have to do in addition to showing up , like reservations and stuff like that?

Is anyone wanting to share a tent or does anybody have a cabin already rented and need an extra person? I think I am on my own for the trip so. . . To cut costs or whatever. . .Let me know if you are intrested in bunking / fooding up.

osprey wrote:
What do i have to do in addition to showing up , like reservations and stuff like that?

You just need to show up. We chose a campground to gather. As a group we will have an area (the pavilion) where people can meet after sunset and also an area (PaulG's camper) where people can gather to have morning coffee. The pavilion will remain available to be used for a meeting or gathering place for the whole weekend if people want to take a mid-day break or whatever. Accomodations are on your own. Though it is unlikely for all camp sites to be booked, it is theoretically possible, so a reservation might be advisable. Also, having a choice of campsite (near pavilion, far from pavilion, near bathrooms, etc.) might dictate making a reservation early as well.

Hope to meet you there.

I would recommend camping a greater distance from the pavilion if you are one to retire early and are sensitive to noise. The discussion continues late into the night at the pavilion.

I am hoping and assuming the famous evan williams will be making an appearance in the pavilion.

i can vouch for what jay said, i got there on thurs eveing and of course what else, it poured down rain, rudy said pitch your tent here under the pavilion which was a good idea at the time , i think there where 4or 5 tents there , still trying to figure out how shakey got all his camping and fishing gear in those saddle bags on that bmw..lol

Things are not set in stone yet for me. But right now it looks like I have the entire following week off. Which would most likely mean I'm arriving Friday and staying the week.

Shakey's guitar performance was actually on my guitar. Assuming my plans don't change, I will bring it again and he is welcome to use it. So if he can't fit his on the motorcycle, thats an option for him. I play too but I can't hold a candle to him (or most others, probably), so for the sake of everybody's sanity I'm always willing to let others play it. :)

I'm up in the air on lodging. I invited my wife but she's doubtful. Assuming she doesn't go I'm open to a cabin if anyone wants to go in on that. Millertime, I'm also open to sharing a campsite, not the tent though, lol.

all of the cabins are booked right now did you already reserve one? If so I will definately share it if it comes down to it. I am staying over friday night and saturday night fishing all day sunday and heading home.

Miller,

It's lookin like I'll be in a tent on Friday and Saturday for sure, I'm not sure whats gonna happen after that.

Tenting it isn't so bad. I did it for all but one Jam. If you have a tent big enough to accommodate a cot, I highly suggest it as heavy rain just about guaranteed.

tomgamber wrote:
Tenting it isn't so bad. I did it for all but one Jam. If you have a tent big enough to accommodate a cot, I highly suggest it as heavy rain just about guaranteed.

Yeah, and you didn't do it last year when it got down to freezing...BRRRRRRRRRRRR...I got caught unprepared for the cold!

I missed last year but I have a very warm sleeping bag...when I lived in Idaho we used to just throw them on the ground when we got to the trailhead and get up the next morning to hike up to the lakes. There was usually frost on the ground in the morning. Of course it was @ 7000ft but it was July or August.

Back