looking for a someone to teach me carp on the fly

H

hookedonthefly

anyone in the lehihg valley area, willing to teach me to fly fish for carp?

Not being an arse. but if you have some fly fishing knowledge it's relatively simple to learn. There are a ton of videos and articles online now since fly fishing for carp has grown huge.

The simple rundown, a 5 to 7wt rod, leach patterns(I like buggers without chenille) or another carp specific fly.About an 8 or so pound leader, I would go with 9 foot with depending on conditions some flouro tied on. You are going to primarily sight fish for them, you want to land the fly delicately a few feet in front of them. Strip it a few times to see how they react, and change speed and drift from there. Need a pair of polarized glasses and good eyes to keep watch on fish, if you spook them slim chance of getting them.

Not being an arse. but if you have some fly fishing knowledge it's relatively simple to learn. There are a ton of videos and articles online now since fly fishing for carp has grown huge.

The simple rundown, a 5 to 7wt rod, leach patterns(I like buggers without chenille) or another carp specific fly.About an 8 or so pound leader, I would go with 9 foot with depending on conditions some flouro tied on. You are going to primarily sight fish for them, you want to land the fly delicately a few feet in front of them. Strip it a few times to see how they react, and change speed and drift from there. Need a pair of polarized glasses and good eyes to keep watch on fish, if you spook them slim chance of getting them.

hookedonthefly wrote:
anyone in the lehihg valley area, willing to teach me to fly fish for carp?

There's a Carpin Jam set up for PAFFers in July pretty close to you at the Tully in the Reading area. Great chance to learn carpin' with a bunch of guys that know their stuff.

i sent dc410 a message about it.. i am not sure how to get there.

Back