help with sparkle pupa

Much easier and more time efficient to just use the real deal for the shroud instead of a ball of fur with some Antron thrown in.:)

some people should get their facts straight. it is not fur, its is the original materials from Gary. jack knows who has it. he called yesturday, and wants to know who you are since you said you know him..

Way I see it, the facts pretty much speak for themselves:)

and wants to know who you are since you said you know him..

Maybe I'll just have to scan and post up a few of the bills that I've paid to him to jog his memory. Boy wouldn't THAT be something?:)

when jack comes up we'll meet.ok.

Sure we'll meet. But I think scanning my bills and posting them is a good idea too:)

go ahead..

Well ?? show us

Much easier and more time efficient to just use the real deal for the shroud instead of a ball of fur with some Antron thrown in.

If you buy from jack then you would know whats in there. you calling jack a fake ?

No. Jack's a good guy sure enough. What I'm saying, contrary to your fraudulent claims about BookMailers, that Gary's legacy and the ladies at BookMailer don't deserve, is that you aren't the only show in town. Gary's legacy and the fine ladies at BookMailers don't deserve that kind of disrespect whatsoever.

Well ?? show us

Like a cat playing with a goldfish, I'm gonna let you jump around for a little while yet.

OK guys. I was the one who posted the link to Marcy's. I have been buying from her for a few years now. Some material, a book or DVD every now and then. Seems like nice person, and I always try send some business that way.

Her material is yarn. I like it. Pull it, and it seperates. It is not like all these other packages of fibers.

The stuff is inexpensive, service is good, and I am a happy customer. Here is my stock!

garylafontaine.jpg

Now I am reading that I have the wrong stuff? Oh well, I tie nice flies and catch lot's of fish with it.

garylafontaineemerger.jpg

That puppy will hunt. ;-)

Excellent tie, George.

Fantastic work JerseyGeorge. Very nice for it being the wrong stuff..:)

Nice flies George. I too been buying yarn and stuff from the Bookmailer for a long time. They do have great customer service and sell quality materials made of the right stuff. As I'm sure you know, The Bookmailer is a company actually started by Gary LaFountaine to sell many of the products used to tie his flies, as well as rods, books and other things. The Company continues on after his death.

One final thing, Dave K has equipped this site with a Private Message (PM) feature, which works great for members to trade info or insults......gawl dangit! :oops: :-? :-o :cry: :evil: :roll: ;-)

I can't understand what saying in the video but I think the argument started over who had the right sparkle pupa material :lol:

I guess this is another one of my problems. I Have been tying a few with the cdc as wings but the antron i have is so brittle and hard to work with. They are fibers though, I guess i need the yarn??

I too have purchased antron from the BM. The girls do a very quick turn around on their orders. I find the yarn works well on GL Sparkle Pupa flies and the fish do respond well to the fly.
I also have tried my carpet (don't tell my wife) cut a few fibers from by the wall. That too catches fish.

afishinado wrote:
One final thing, Dave K has equipped this site with a Private Message (PM) feature, which works great for members to trade info or insults......gawl dangit! :oops: :-? :-o :cry: :evil: :roll: ;-)

Whatever, watching these two argue with each other is far more amusing than watching LJ argue with his fingers.

Please don't derail a good throw-down. ;)

ps: "plastic canvas yarn" from walmart. I think you get like 100 yards for $2. its 100% antron. or bright nylon. or whatever you wanna call it. unless you wanna split tri-lobal hairs, but that just sounds like so much BS. also, if you go bigtime and head to an actual craft store, the plastic canvas section will also yield bodybraid in gold and silver mylar and in clear and chartreuse flash.

Back