Fly Fishing Magazine Article About Philadelphia

The Neshaminy Creek was named along with the town of Chalfont being name as the headwaters of the creek in the article.

Grab a slice of pizza from the local pizza shops near the stream when you stop by to fish.

As for a trout stream no, it warms up, but bass and panfish yes.

It was a nice article. Will it bring out of state anglers? I don't think so. It might bring some of the local anglers out on the stream.

This area is walking distance from my house and a nice place to catch a few fish on a fly when you don't have the time to drive to a trout stream.

PennypackFlyer wrote:
Valley Forge seams to have been plagued with multiple problems in the past few years. I don't think I would eat anything from there.
Valley Creek is C&R only.

I picked up the magazine just to see what the article had to say. It was a good article. What I found interesting was that trout were the main emphasis in the segment on the Wissahickon. No mention of the bass and pan fish opportunities. There are bass in Ridley. I've seen them above the dam that starts the FFO stretch and down toward Baltimore Pike. There are also some rock bass that live under the bridge in the FFO stretch like trolls that seem to delight in taking my fly before it gets to any rising trout. A couple of years ago I was walking down Forbidden Drive from the Rex Ave bridge area. A couple visiting from the West were walking up the Drive and the husband stopped and asked if I had any luck. His initial comment was "The last thing I expected to see in Philadelphia was a fly fisherman."

Who wrote the article are they a local at least ?

Back