Echo Carbon Fly Rod

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

If any of you are like me and are not the most steady on your feet either walking or wading, you would hate to break an $800+ fly rod even if you could get it repaired. I needed a 4 pc rod for a planed trip out west so I bought an Echo Carbon 4pc 9' 5wt. I recently used it on a WB trip and let me tell you, for approx. $150, you can't beat the darn thing. I don't work for Echo and get nothing for my opinions but for any one looking for a good reasonably priced fly rod, I highly recommend looking at the Echo Carbon. There are other Echo models out there but I was told to only go with the Carbon model.

FWIW, there you have it.

Although I haven't bought an Echo rod yet, I own 2 ION reels and find them hard to beat for the price. They take a beating and still perform.

I have the exact same rod.
And totally agree.

I had an older Ross RX 9'4# rod that broke. Ross no longer makes rods but they offered an Echo Carbon in exchange as long as I paid the $60 warranty fee.

I chose the ECHO CARBON CB590XL. I've been using it for mid range Pocono Streams like the Brodhead this year. I also took it grayling fishing in Alaska last month. I like the rod and will continue to use it. I don't love it but I do love the fact I don't have to "baby" it like I do with more expensive rods...

I was given a 6 1/2 3wt a few years ago which I use for brookie fishing and really liked it which is why I went that direction for the 9 footer. I do not regret it and would buy another. I agree if you into more expensive rods, this is not your rod. It may not be a silky smooth as Winston or high end Orvis but it's sure smooth enough for a hacker like me!

I don't have an Echo Carbon, but I do have two Echo Base rods, both 9', one 6 wgt and one 7 wgt. These are my smallmouth rods.

At 80 bucks (or whatever) a pop, I think they are the best fly rod bargain since the Lamiglass G1000 series back in the 80's.

Excellent rods.

I got a 9 ' 8wt Echo Base last year as a backup for salmon fishing. It gets its maiden voyage for 5 days next week, Will use that for a day or two to see how it performs. After reading reviews and what I see here, I think Ill be happy. Hopefully a successful trial report to follow.

Back