Drift Boat/Trailer for Sale

L

LehighRegular

16 Foot 2001 Clackacraft Drift boat and trailer for sale. $4900 or OBO

3 oars, owner installed rod holders, new rowers seat (high back), new winch and 3 new tires

Send me a message if interested. Thanks - Dean

Boat 1
Boat 2
Boat 3

This is a great price for any guys loving to own a drift boat! Buy it now before it's gone.

Still for sale if anyone interested.

did you get a new boat?

No not yet. I need to sell this one first.

If I may ask - what to you plan to replace it with?

I want to downsize to a raft and smaller trailer. Where I have to store the boat I have to hand push it into place and its getting too heavy. If I could just back it in, there would be no issue.

I want to downsize to a raft and smaller trailer. Where I have to store the boat I have to hand push it into place and its getting too heavy. If I could just back it in, there would be no issue.
I ended up going with a framed raft vs a drift boat. its more manueverable and can run in shallower water. certainly doesnt have as much storage but i'm just doing day trips with it so it works out well. I need to put together a home made rod holder system of some type this winter

Ah, old age is a beautiful thing Dean. I struggle pushing my river pig around but.... my raft trailer is very heavy tongue weight. A back breaker. The raft is also a nightmare to get back on and then the conga line of gear from boat to vehicle sucks. 🤣. If you can get an aluminum trailer, winner. Also get a 2 speed winch with a tall arm stand. Definitely would do a few things different in my setup. Love the raft just hate loading it 😁

Ah, old age is a beautiful thing Dean. I struggle pushing my river pig around but.... my raft trailer is very heavy tongue weight. A back breaker. The raft is also a nightmare to get back on and then the conga line of gear from boat to vehicle sucks. 🤣. If you can get an aluminum trailer, winner. Also get a 2 speed winch with a tall arm stand. Definitely would do a few things different in my setup. Love the raft just hate loading it 😁
As I mentioned before It is virtually impossible for me to get my Hyde back onto the trailer by myself. Now I only float if I can do so with a partner. There is a viable option though. You could mount, of have someone do it for you, a battery operated winch with remote control. Then you could back the trailer into the river, wade out to retrieve your boat, center it on the trailer, and activate the remote control to winch the boat up to the rubber bumper. I looked at them on Amazon. They range in price from about $200 to $600. I have read though the retrieve speed is very slow and that might tick guys off if there is a queue waiting to take out.

Reactions: CRB
I have read though the retrieve speed is very slow and that might tick guys off if there is a queue waiting to take out.
Screw the queue. Once you've earned your stripes, the young, impatient folks can wait. Or, if they are in such a hurry they can help load your boat faster.

Screw the queue. Once you've earned your stripes, the young, impatient folks can wait. Or, if they are in such a hurry they can help load your boat faster.
Figure if you’re putting in right behind me I’m gonna hit all your the spots and catch all your fish anyways. Shoulda gotten there either earlier or later

I used to get nervous at the takeout ramp if it was taking me longer to get the boat back onto the trailer. Now I just do my best, I don't waste time but I don't rush either. You are 100% spot on! I earned my right to be a little slower at the take out ramp when I am by myself. Actually there have been a number of occasions where guys did offer to either wade out and center the boat on the trailer while I winch it back on. Twice when the current was strong I had to ask for help to get it back on.

If I have the right guy floating with me, I'm out of that water in a flash. While I walk up to get the car, they stow all the rods, tie everything down and push the bow eye right behind the ramp. The trailer hits the water, the strap goes on and it's cranked up. Click the two boat buckles and I'm out of there. When I'm by myself or with a noob, doesn't go so smoothly 🤣.

DaveS will vouch for the time that we pulled up to the balls at a ramp and we were the 19th boat waiting to load. Rob Lewis was out with a flashlight directing traffic and keeping everybody moving. That's an unusual situation but it's possible from time to time I suppose.

I hate to be that guy but if you're effing around at the ramp for too long and I can squeeze my trailer in next to yours, I will. Usually loaded and gone while the person struggling is still working to get it ready for the road

Reactions: CRB
Earning your stripes means you can show everybody how good you are at doing something. It doesn’t mean you can fart around at the ramp because you think you earned something. Ramp etiquette is is not selfishly behaving as if everybody else’s time is not important.

Earning your stripes means you can show everybody how good you are at doing something. It doesn’t mean you can fart around at the ramp because you think you earned something. Ramp etiquette is is not selfishly behaving as if everybody else’s time is not important.
I guess at 80 I suck getting the Hyde onto the trailer when I am by myself.

If I have the right guy floating with me, I'm out of that water in a flash. While I walk up to get the car, they stow all the rods, tie everything down and push the bow eye right behind the ramp. The trailer hits the water, the strap goes on and it's cranked up. Click the two boat buckles and I'm out of there. When I'm by myself or with a noob, doesn't go so smoothly 🤣.

DaveS will vouch for the time that we pulled up to the balls at a ramp and we were the 19th boat waiting to load. Rob Lewis was out with a flashlight directing traffic and keeping everybody moving. That's an unusual situation but it's possible from time to time I suppose.

I hate to be that guy but if you're effing around at the ramp for too long and I can squeeze my trailer in next to yours, I will. Usually loaded and gone while the person struggling is still working to get it ready for the road
Yes, having a partner makes a takeout a breeze. I get the car and back the trailer in and by that time the oars are stowed and I'm at the winch and my partner has the boat centered on the trailer.

Back