Chincoteague Island Help

Got a blue this morning. I was over estimating their size here, turns out my smallest fly is still too big for most of them. Saw a few chasing that were smaller than this one and just tugging on the tail of the fly.

Attachments

• 100_2006 - Copy.JPG
    100_2006 - Copy.JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 8
Good Job Man!!

And Yeah those rays are fun! I remember we would always unintentionally snag them and fight them in, The ones over 5 feet (common around VA coast) would break us off almost immediately!

Thanks Roosters! So far the score is:

Spinning gear: 3 flounder in 3 outings, one skunk

Fly rod: 2 sea bass, 1 bluefish, 1 shad, and a lost stingray in four outings, no skunks.

Tomorrow will be the last day and I will only have fly tackle. Time is running out to get a flounder!

Hope you got one!

No flounder on the fly :-( but I did catch a sea bass to stay skunk-free ;-)

If you are after flounder in the back bays and there aren't any blues around something like a white or black muddler marabou twitched subsurface over sandy bottoms in 1 to 3 feet of water will get you action.Flounder lay on the bottom and just wait for prey to swim over.You do want a rod with backbone as they do suck in their prey but have such hard mouths hard to set hook .
If you have have been getting a lot of hits from fish with some weight but little fight that just seem to get off for no reason,its a flounder.
drive me crazy down here in Florida plug fishing.Only land about 1 in 4 as they just release the plug when they realize its not food-they are when I land them.Tasty.

Back