Boots

B

Baney07

Hey guys Im looking to buy a new pair of wading boots but dont know what to to go with. I would like a cheaper boot but yet something that holds up. Any suggestions?

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=56

I have the slightly cheaper version of those. I believe the "quicklace" is the only difference.

I picked up a pair of Chota boots (basic felt sole boot) 3 years ago for $45 (they now go around $55) and they still work. They are a little but all the eyes are still intact and the felt is still firm and attached to the sole. They've probably been used well upwards of 300 times including winters.

Great boot, can't go wrong for the price.

Patagonia has a web special for their Canyonwalker Boots. They are half off (reg 120 - selling for 60.) I just got a pair and have not used them yet but they look pretty good considering the price.
http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/product/canyonwalker-felt-sizes-5-13-fly-fishing-shoe?p=79250-1-637

I got felt/studded Simms Freestone wading boots at Cabela's a month ago. They were in the bargain Cave $55. LOVE EM

I too, purchased the Simms Freestone boot from Cabela's when they were on sale - and I am very pleased with them. At under $60 - a great bargin that should last many seasons...

A pair of korkers. I have the guide wading korkers boots. They have been holding up great, they are very light and the interchangable soles make is worth it.

They have cheaper pair around 70$ that i have a chance to try on and were just as comfortable.

How much are you looking to spend? That will help give everyone ideas as to what to suggest. I like Simms boots myself, the Freestones are a great boot for the price and they will last. That may be out of your range though.

I need supportive boots that fit a wide foot, so some of the Lightweight versions are out of the question for me as they typically have a more narrow last. I have heard good things about other Cabelas boots but can give good recommendation about their Master Guide Boots

They're an older model but if either of those sizes fit your foot, you're in luck because they're a light boot and they will last! My only complaint with them is that they rode up too high on the back of my calves. I like a lower cut boot, but these things were great boots.

I won't buy a boot without some kind of warantee. I get orvis boots now because everytime the felts rip off I can usually return them for a free pair. Done this like 3 or so times now. Cheap boots just don't seem to hold up in my opinion. Get something thats quality or look around those sales and bargan caves!

Im not a felt guy for that simple reason. Love my light studded boots.... paid a good penny and have walked and climbed over all kinda of terrian and they still manage to stand up to the test...

I have a pair of the Aquastealth Studded boots from LL Bean. I like them but they are almost too narrow in size. They are good in the snow though. Felts and snow do not mix but I love my studded felts for walking in the creek. Everything has its + and - it seems.

Back