2018 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jam: 17 Feb

Great to see you there John. Your stimmie rocked

Thanks Mike...it was great seeing old friends and talking with new tyers as well. Really has helped me with my "funk" that i discussed in another thread awhile back. Just finished up on a couple more "Killers" that i had partially tied up yesterday.

Oh...and I finished them without use of the Demon Tool or half hitches....actually hand whipped them!

Thanks Mike and everyone else for putting this together...it was great to learn from so many knowledgable and skilled tyers.

acesedgley wrote:
Oh...and I finished them without use of the Demon Tool or half hitches....actually hand whipped them

Darby, was good to see you. Demon tool. LOL

GenCon

Brad, was good to meet you. Glad you came.

GenCon

Yes, thanks to all who organized and put this event together; it was great to meet all of you and tie up some great bugs! I look forward to many more events.

Mikey__ wrote:
Yes, thanks to all who organized and put this event together; it was great to meet all of you and tie up some great bugs! I look forward to many more events.

It was good to meet you.

GenCon

Are the pictures of the flies going to be posted?

This was an awesome event. It was great to meet all of the guys (and gal) who came and willingly shared their skills for all to see. It was particularly good for me, seeing as i didn't know anyone going in, but i was quickly introduced and welcomed by several people and felt right at home amongst so many friendly fisherman. Even better, i won a bunch of Jack's electric wool dubbing from the raffle and i'm excited to see what i can do with this great dubbing.

I saw a separate post with some of the event pictures. i can't wait to see the flies posted as well. Very great work by everyone. Many thanks to the organizers.

I also was inspired by the flies (particularly John's stimulator, which is a type of fly i don't have a lot of) so i proposed a fly swap in the fly tying forum for anyone who might be interested.

Pics should be coming soon. Richard Mooney?

GenCon

Are there pics posted of the flies in the forum or shared in email? I'd really love to see what everybody tied up.

NickR wrote:
Are there pics posted of the flies in the forum or shared in email? I'd really love to see what everybody tied up.

Nick, we are waiting for Richard Mooney to post them. Apparently he was having trouble up loading them.

GenCon

Back